Tooth Extractions Near You
A tooth extraction is another common dental procedure that can stir up feelings of anxiousness. But, when you visit our local dental clinic in Orléans, receiving a tooth extraction is a straightforward, effective process, and our staff will ensure that you’re kept comfortable the entire time.
What Does Receiving a Tooth Extraction in Orléans Entail?
Tooth extractions are performed for a variety of reasons such as overcrowding, the tooth is infected or damaged, you’re suffering from a prolonged toothache or sensitivity, or your tooth can’t be repaired by means of a root canal.
A tooth extraction is a surgical treatment. Here at our local dental clinic in Orléans, we offer simple tooth extractions to all our patients
A simple tooth extraction is usually performed to eliminate tooth pain.
Your dentist will proceed to clean the surgical site. If you experience minor bleeding or facial swelling, that’s perfectly normal.
Post-Tooth Extraction Care
It’s important to give yourself adequate time for your mouth to heal. Always follow any instructions given to you by your dentist. Listed below are some things you should do to ensure that your mouth and your body heals after undergoing such treatment:
1. Take Advil or Tylenol to help manage the pain and puffiness.
2. Relax for a least twenty-four hours after receiving a tooth extraction at a dental clinic near you.
3. Don’t spit or use a straw for twenty-four hours to keep the clot that has formed at the surgical site intact.
4. Eat soft foods.
5. Gently rinse your mouth out with salt and warm water.
6. Don’t brush or floss near the extraction site.
7. Avoid smoking.
8. Don’t lay down; rather, prop your head up to minimize any bleeding.
Our staff looks forward to working with you to get your oral health back on track!